Lots of big changes. Got out of debt, applied to library science programs, got rejected by library science programs, planned a move to China, cancelled move to China when we found out we're pregnant, met my savings goal, quit my retail job, started my engineering program, bought a minivan, bought a house in the suburbs, did a lot of renovation, diagnosed myself with some variety of seasonal depression, and started self-medicating with St. John's wort and phototherapy.
It has not been a good year for movies. The best:
- My Girlfriend is an Agent 3.5/5
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3/5
- Big Hero 6 3/5
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3/5
Anime's been okay.
- Magi: The Kingdom of Magic 4/5
- Yona of the Dawn 4/5
- Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works 3.5/5
- Chaika: The Coffin Princess 3/5
Pretty good year for books:
- Who Wrote the Bible? by Richard Elliott Friedman, 5/5
- Proofiness by Charles Seife, 4.5/5
- The Aeronaut's Windlass by Jim Butcher, 4/5
- Phoebe and her Unicorn by Dana Simpson, 4/5
- Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed, 4/5
It is my intention to reread more books in the new year. Books like 1984 which I read in high school but may be more relevant and meaningful to me now, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I thought was so hilarious and so subversive when I was a teenager but I'm not even sure I would find funny now, and Feist's Riftwar Saga, which may have played an important role in forming my tastes in fantasy fiction and I want to know why.
My primary goal is to continue kicking ass in my engineering classes. I also intend to be more vigilant about recycling. And somehow or other, I will get a real-time RPG group going now that I'm not working nights (it will probably still have to be online).